BRUTE FORCE/PASSWORD ATTACKS
WHAT IS A BRUTE FORCE ATTACK?
Brute Force Attack is also known as an exhaustive search, which is a cryptographic hack that works on guessing the possible combinations of the targeted passwords until the correct password has been identified. Cracking small passwords is very easy with this attack, and it merely takes seconds while it takes more time for long passwords as it has to try out a number of combinations.
HOW IS A BRUTE FORCE ATTACK USED?
Hackers make use of an application or scripts that carry out a string of continuous attempts in order to attain the required information.
WHY IS A BRUTE FORCE ATTACK PERFORMED ?
- Theft of personal information such as paraphrases, passwords, and other information that can be used to access network resources and online accounts.
- Obtaining credentials in order to sell to third parties.
- Acting as a user to spread fake content or even share malicious links.
- Defacement of the website as well as other confidential information of an organization to damage its reputation.
- Redirecting the domains to sites that are holding malicious contents.
IMPACT OF BRUTE FORCE ATTACK ON A BUSINESS
How to Prevent Brute Force Attacks?
- Usually, brute force attacks rely on careless network administration and weak passwords. Every business organization needs to focus on these two areas in order to prevent vulnerabilities which could bring down their website or network.
- The business organization must utilize strong passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and allow a limited number of login attempts in order to prevent brute force attacks.
How can Humanbot Help Your Business?
- We, at Humanbot, make use of a combination of methods for detection to stop the attempts of brute force attacks. Your business will be able to resist unauthorized login attempts on the critical access points of your website, whether it is through bad bots, semi-manual methods, or scanning tools.
- We make sure that the users' credentials are safe, and your website is protected from brute force attacks.
At Humanbot, we have got you covered with all your Cyber Security needs as we have expertise from Software to the Hardware components that will mitigate the risks from these attacks.
WANT TO START A PROJECT?